TriAngle: A Spreadsheet template for the Generation of Trilinear Plots
TriAngle is a Microsoft ExcelTM spreadsheet template to create triangular plots in an easy way.
- Simple to handle
- Automatic normalisation to 100% of inserted data
- No use of VBA; to adapt easily the file to other desktop and mobile spreadsheet programs which do not support VBA
- Automatic display of apexes titles
- Automatic display of a legend (can be deleted if not desired)
- Selection of typical masks used in the daily business of geoscientists – the user has the chance to add own masks
- High quality of the resulting chart for direct use in documents without reformatting with a drawing software
- Added data are shown immediately after insertion in the table
- Further masks and labels can be designed and inserted by the user using a pre-defined form. A manual how to do so is included in worksheet ‘Manual’
For convenience, TriAngle is a MS ExcelTM 2007 template-file showing the extension ‘.xltx’. Further, it is write-protected. In this way the file can be distinguished from usual Excel files (‘.xlsx’) and the program gives a warning and asks to rename it during the first saving procedure to protect from overwriting current files.
NEW!!! TriAngle as LibreOffice Calc template-file offering the same functionality for Linux users and/or for people who simply prefer to use free software. This template offers the same masks and grids and the possibility to design own masks. It is a LibreOffice Calc template with .ots extension.
This template was tested on PCs running Windows XP with ExcelTM versions 2003 and 2007, as well as Windows 7, using ExcelTM versions 2007 and 2013.
TriAngle 1.1.xltx (263 KB, Mar. 20, 2014)
TriAngle 1.0.xltx (188 KB, Dec. 19, 2012)
To get information about updates: